Based in Arizona, Save the Family provides a number of housing interventions for homeless families coming from emergency shelters, but equally as important, it provides support programs that help people get back on their feet.
The only program like it in the state, Keys to Success serves around 300 Arizona youth annually. The program provides participants with a professional team to support in career development, interview clothing, technology for education and transportation, and scholarships to help with college tuition.
To these talented, motivated students who are learning skills and building connections, the program means everything.
While crisis hotlines have helped people cope with emotional trauma and personal tragedies for decades, Boys Town National Hotline? has changed with the times to accommodate modern ways people communicate.
As the COVID-19 pandemic severely impacts communities, countless nonprofit organizations and their volunteers are lending a hand to those in need, whether providing a warm meal, a safe refuge or even a needed educational distraction for families with children stuck at home.
The Women's Center of Tarrant County has been helping women and families since 1979 with a wide array of services, ranging from crisis counseling to violence education and prevention. Central to its mission of empowering women, men and children of all ages and backgrounds is guiding them to as they find a lifelong career.
- From the Factory to Rails to your Store's Shelves 04032020
- America's Lifeline: Supplying Communities with the Goods to Survive a Pandemic 03272020
- A Colorful Summer Job That’s 'Off the Wall' 02262020
- Welding Their Way into the Workforce 10302019
- Parents: Add the Railroad ‘Four S’s’ to Your Safety Talks 09272019
- UP Takes Center Stage in Community Partnership for the Arts 07192019
- Teens Learn Auto Skills One Mustang at a Time 07032019
- California Program Helps Autistic Students Master Life Skills 06042019
- Los Angeles Nonprofit Plants Healthy Seeds in Communities 04122019
- Bush Funeral Train Crew 'Just Taking Care of Another Sailor' 12272018
- California Nonprofit Turns Aspiring into Achieving 10102018
- Little Rock Central High Legacy Inspires Locomotive Engineer 09122018